He is from the south of Spain and based in London.
He enjoys being with his friends and his hobbies are related to spending the little time remaining on his music. He considers himself as a music freak!!
- 2008 - Seville University, Spain - BSc Degree in Computer Science
Nov 11 - Present. Senior J2EE/Mobile Developer at Mfuse, London, UK
- I’m currently employed as senior developer for Ladbrokes, in a mobile gaming company. My main duties are the improvement of the team-related processes with agile approaches (scrum-ban) and driving technical decisions within the team.
Also I was responsible of:
- Collaborating with the management (PM/PO) on the creation of release/sprint plans and grooming/prioritizing the product backlog.
- Responsible of code reviewing, coaching, mentoring, pair programming and encouraging my colleagues follow code standards.
- Managing all application deployments to the QA, development, pre/post-production environments by using continuous delivery approaches.
- Monitoring, identifying and modeling existing processes using BPM techniques.
- Managing the release process: branching, merging, tagging.
- Responsible of the Apple and Blackberry submission.
Jul 11 – Nov 11. J2EE / Web Developer at DBG global media, London, UK
- Key Technologies: J2EE/Spring/Rest WS/Hibernate/HTML5/CSS3/jQuery/Modernizr/Android/IOS.
Jun 09 - Jun 11. Researcher at the University of Cadiz, Spain
- Working for the development of a semantic platform for the preservation and exploitation of cultural digital content, under European investment project (Project code: TSI-020501-2008). Related technologies: Liferay, MediaWiki, WordPress, OWL, RDF, RDFa, SPARQL,JENA. System administrator on unix servers, back-up duties and web hosting management. Co-responsible of the generation of the public deliverables (state-of-the-art/technical/usecases requirements).
- Member and Collaborator of TIC195 R+D group (Software process improvement and formal methods).
- Semantic activities integration with LMS (LAMS).
- Conference: SPDECE multidisciplinary symposium on Learning and Assesment of educational digital contents. Organization Committee member and proceedings editor duties.
Apr 07 - May 09. Software Engineer (JAVA) at AtSistemas. IT consultancy, Spain
- Responsible to develop J2EE solutions in a mature Agile environment. (SCRUM/TDD/BDD/Continuous integration).
- I worked for a team driven by gathering requirements using BDD and DDD. This approach was tackling the full stack of development process together with continuous integration delivery. I achieved experience generating all the requirements deliverables (technical/scenarios) that were shared for mentoring and new joiners.
- Projects consisted on building enterprise web applications using J2EE technologies.
- The back-end was managed with J2EE frameworks (Spring/Spring MVC/AOP/ JAX-RS). The persistence layer was managed with iBatis/Hibernate and cache mechanisms (EHCache).
- Front-end was developed with RIA and event-driven approaches (jQuery/Mootools/Prototype).
- Key Technologies: J2EE/Spring/ JAX-RS/Hibernate/iBatis/jQuery/Agile/BDD
- February 2011 (100h): Model Driven Development Workshop (University of Cádiz): Main topics focused: MDA/MDE Introduction, EMF Introduction, GMF IDE creation, GMF IDE creation advanced, ATL Introduction, M2M to ATL transformation, JET Introduction, M2T to Jet transformation.
- May 2010 (30h) FLEX Builder: Training course introducing main API concepts as well as identifying several requirements to ease the development process.
- April 2009 (50h) REST: Advanced REST modeling course and spring integration, JSON parsing on the client side. XML mapping encoding/decoding on the Server side.
- November 2008 (20h) XML Parsing Procedures: Used Technologies: XML, jDOM, JAXP, JAXB. Web clients emulation through java.net.* package utilities, managing JSON on the request/response objects and post-processing with json.org libs.
- August 2008 (30h) Spring 2.5 y AOP: Framework layer integration with Spring 2.5. AOP Transactional and jUnit 4.
Java and J2EE Technologies
- Spring, Spring MVC, Seam, Struts, JSP, EJB.
- IOS, Android, Blackberry, Phonegap (Apache Cordova), jQuery Mobile.
Software development methodologies
- Agile (XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, TDD, BDD, DDD).
Project management tools
- Atlassian applications suite (Jira, Bamboo, Greenhopper, Fisheye), Agilo, Trac, Xplanner, Redmine, Assembla, Bugzilla.
- Hibernate, Ibatis, JPA, GORM.
Web Services Technologies
- REST(JAX-RS, Spring), SOAP(JAX-WS).
- JBoss, Tomcat, GlassFish, OC4J, Joseki.
- MySQL Workbench, Visio, Enterprise Architect, Balsamiq.
- VMWare Server, VMWare Workstation, XEN, VirtualBox.
Revision control systems
- SVN, GIT.
Building/Testing/ tools and Continuous integration:
- MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Liferay, Joomla, WordPress.
- Ubuntu Server, OpenSuse Server, Suse Linux Enterprise Server, Oracle Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- RDF, RDFS, OWL, RDFa, SPARQL, GRDDL, Pellet, OWL API, Jena.
RDF Triple Store Systems
- Ont-space, Jena SDB, Open link Virtuoso, Oracle Spatial, RDFStore, Sesame.
- Protegé, Neon Toolkit, IsaViz, Joseki.
Business Process Modelling
- BPMN, jBPM, Drools, BPEL.
- Moodle, LAMS.
You can contact Carlos M. at: